1) You must be a legal resident of Vermont, New York or Quebec to participate in contests, including online contests, and be eligible to win prizes. Employees and immediate family members of Hall Communications employees, employees of competing for radio stations and employees of participating contest sponsors are not eligible to win.
2) Call in contest winners with the correct answer to the DJ’s question or prompt win the prize designated in the contest. In the event a winner does not guess correctly, meet eligibility requirements or forfeits, DJ will take the next caller until a winner is determined.
3) Unless eligible for electronic transfer prizes must be picked up in person. If the prize is available for pick up upon winning, winners from Vermont must wait at least two days before picking up their prize at the station business office at 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT during regular business hours Monday-Friday between 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
4) Winners from New York must wait at least one week after they win to pick up their prize at Perrywinkles Fine Jewelry at 75 Smithfield Boulevard, Plattsburgh, NY during regular business hours.
5) Winners must show identification to claim their prize. Prizes are held for 30 days and no prizes will be mailed. If a proxy will be sent to pick up a prize the winner must alert Hall Communications and provide the name of their prize pick-up proxy by emailing [email protected].
6) Winners must wait 90 days before being eligible to win again on the same station. Persons deceiving Hall Communications in any way forfeit winnings.
7) Hall Communications reserves the right to limit each household to one qualifier and/or winner per contest and make prize substitutions when necessary. Station management reserves the right to amend contest rules at any time.
8) You must be 12 years of age or older to participate in a contest, though some contests may have special age and other entry restrictions.
9) Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more must complete a W-9 when claiming their prize. The station will generate and mail the winner a W-2 and the winner is responsible for claiming the value of the prize as additional income on their Federal Income Tax return during the year they claimed the prize.
10) Hall Communications is not responsible if a listener is unable to get through on the telephone for a contest due to equipment malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Anyone who calls a studio line or enters a contest automatically grants Hall Communications permission to record and use their name, character, photograph voice and/or likeness in connection with the promotion of this or other contests and must waive any claim of royalty, rights or remuneration for such use.
11) If a prize is in digital form the tickets/prize will be emailed directly to the email provided by the winner at time of win. If winner does not receive any form of contact form Hall Communications by 72 hours before the event the tickets are for then they should contact [email protected] to confirm contact information.
11) General Contest Rules and rules for specific contests are available on station websites or in hard copy form at our studios during regular business hours or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403.
During The Great Gift Giveaway, 11/20-12/10/23 listeners will have the chance to register to win one of 24 $100 gift certificates. Gift certificates are provided by the 12 sponsors of the Great Gift Giveaway. Listeners can register to win at www.woko.com, www.wkol.com, www.wizn.com, www.999thebuzz.com or www.wjoy.com. 24 winners will be randomly chosen on Monday 12/11/23. Winners will be contacted via email and will be able to pick up their prize at 70 Joy Drive South Burlington Monday – Friday 830am-4pm. All General Hall Communications contest rules apply.
99.9 WBTZ is giving away tickets to see HOZIER at Saratoga Performing Arts Center on 5/19/2024 over the air from 6a-6p during Buzz Ticket Blitz Thursday on 11/16/2023. Listeners will tune in for their cue to call in to win. There will be 6 winners chosen. Odds of winning depend on the number of phone calls received. Each winner will get 2 tickets. Winners will need to pick up their tickets at our STUDIOS at 70 Joy Drive in South Burlington, VT. The tickets will arrive closer to the show date in 2023. In the event the winner does not meet eligibility requirements winner will forfeit the prize. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years of age to participate. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply. All winners should monitor any COVID 19 restrictions put in place by venue or artist.
99.9 The Buzz is giving away McKenzie Spiral Hams over the air November 13th – 16th. One Ham will be given away each day. Listeners will listen for the prompt to call and caller number 9 will win a certificate that can be redeemed for 1 spiral ham at McKenzie Country Classics located at 160 Flynn Ave in Burlington. Winners can pick up their certificate at 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT Monday – Friday 8:30am -4pm Please be advised that holidays may affect these hours. All Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
99.9 The buzz is giving away tickets to Creed at Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion August 20th 2024 over the air during morning drive 11/1-11/3/23. There will be 5 chances to win. Winners will listen for the cue to call and caller number 9 will be chose as the winner. Tickets will be transferred electronically so all winners must provide a valid email address in order to access their tickets. 99.9 The Buzz will transfer the tickets as soon as they have access to the tickets and no later then 14 days before the show . Winners will have up to 24 hours prior to the show to claim their tickets once the transfer has been initiated. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply
99.9 The Buzz is giving away three-day passes to Osheaga 2024 in Montreal on August 2nd, 3rd, and 4th over the air from November 6th – November 10th, 2023. One pair of three-day passes will be given away each day.
Listen for the Green Day Sounder to play each day. The sounder will play 4 times a day and caller number 9 will be drawn.Tickets will be electronically transferred to winners within 14 days of the event. Winners must provide a valid email to claim and a mobile phone to use their tickets.All Hall Communications General Contest Rules apply.
999 The Buzz is giving away tickets to see Nightmare Vermont 2023 October 19th – 21st and 26th – 28th at the Champlain Valley Expo. Listeners will tune in for their cue to call October 9th – 13th during the morning and afternoon drive. There will be 5 winners chosen each morning and 5 winners chosen each afternoon Odds of winning depend on the number of phone calls received. Each winner will get 2 ticket vouchers that can be redeemed at tickets.nightmarevermont.org/ for the day and time of show preferred. Tickets should be redeemed as early as possible to ensure entry into desired show. 99.9 The Buzz is not responsible if shows are sold out before ticket vouchers are redeemed. In the event the winner does not meet eligibility requirements winner will forfeit the prize. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years of age to participate. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
99.9 The Buzz is giving away tickets to see LIVE Unplugged at Paramount Theatre on October 12th over the air on 9/21/23. Listeners will tune in for the cue to call in and win. There will be 6 winners chosen throughout the day. Odds of winning depend on the number of phone calls received. Each winner will get 2 tickets. Winners names will be on a guest list at will call at the venue. Please bring valid ID to claim prize. In the even that the winner does not meet eligibility requirements winner will forfeit the prize. The prize is non-transferable and cannot redeemed for cash. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years of age to participate. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
99.9 The Buzz is giving one lucky winner a trip to Las Vegas with airfare and hotel to attend the When We Were Young music festival on Sunday, October 22nd. Listeners will have the chance to qualify to win September 18th – 22nd. When you hear the “When We Were Young Artist of the Day” that is your cue to call and qualify. The selected caller will be put into the grand prize drawing. The artist of the day will be announced each day on the air. Chances of qualifying depend on the number of callers. The grand prize drawing will occur at 5 p.m. on Friday, September 22nd. The winner will be contacted by 99.9 The Buzz who will help arrange travel and tickets. All Hall Communications General Contest Rules apply. Must be 18 years or older to qualify.
No purchase necessary. Contest Period: 9/21-10/26/2023. WBTZ is giving away a Tailgater’s Dream Pack. Prize consists of $300 in NFL Merchandise of the team of your choice, ordered by Hall Communications, and a $200 gift card to Buffalo Wild Wings-Burlington. Total value of the prize is approximately $500.
You must be present to qualify to win during any Buzz Tailgate Thursdays, 8pm to 10pm, September 21st – October 26th, while 99.9 Buzz is present at Buffalo Wild Wings, located at 555 Shelburne Rd, Burlington, VT. You may qualify once per event. One grand prize winner will be randomly drawn from all weekly qualifiers on October 26th. Odds of becoming a winner depends on the number of weekly qualifiers. Participants may qualify once per event, 6 total events. Do not need to be present to win.
Must be 21 years of age to qualify. A valid ID must be presented to claim prize. In the event the winner does not meet eligibility requirements, winner will forfeit the prize. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. All Hall Communications employees, employees of participating sponsors, including Buffalo Wild Wings and Farrell Distributing Corp., are ineligible to win. All Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
Every Friday during “Fresh Meat” on 99.9 The Buzz one winner will win a certificate redeemable for a McKenzie Country Classics Ultimate Grilling package. When listeners hear the prompt to call during the “Fresh Meat” program caller #9 will be selected as the winner. Certificates will be mailed to winners and they can redeem their certificates at McKenzie Country Classics at 160 Flynn Ave Burlington VT 05401. Winners must call ahead to place order before redeeming their certificates. Giveaway date and time is subject to change due to holidays. All Hall Communications general contest rules apply.